The Old Hemlock Foundation is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) private foundation located in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia. The Old Hemlock Foundation is the product of estate planning conducted by George Bird Evans and Kay Evans to preserve Old Hemlock and their legacy.
If you are interested in making a donation to the Old Hemlock Foundation, you may do so by making a gift during your lifetime or by making a bequest under your will or trust. For more information, click here.
VOLUNTEERING: Volunteers are needed to provide support for Old Hemlock Foundation and estate in the ways listed below. If you are interested in volunteering, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304-379-7505.
We are also associated with the Center for Service and Learning at West Virginia University. WVU students can register for volunteer hours, to do community service and/or complete service learning projects by registering through iServe.
Volunteers are welcome to assist with these types of projects:
- House maintenance: carpentry; painting; cleaning; etc.
- Trail maintenance and development
- Archiving and maintenance of artifacts.
- Road Maintenance including cleaning debris from ditches
- Litter Pick Up along the Brandonville Pike
- Cataloging of documents and artifacts (Could be a study project or thesis for college course work)
- Cataloging of the flora and fauna of the Old Hemlock Estate
- Summer landscaping
- Invasive species abatement